Department of Electronics Engineering
Vision & Mission
To develop competent technocrats who strives continuously in pursuit of professional excellence in the field of Electronics Engineering through core research and education.Preparing the students, the best professional Engineers in the field of Electronics Engineering to face the challenges.
To achieve the vision, the department will
Long term goals
Short term goals
Program Educational Objectives - PEO's
The following Program Educational Objectives are established for the Electronics Engineering:
1. Pre-preparation: To prepare students with strong foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals that will enable them to have successful career in Core electronics, Telecommunication and IT Industries.
2. Core Competence: To prepare students for rapid technological change with core Electronics Engineering domain knowledge & interdisciplinary areas to emerge as researchers, experts, educators & entrepreneurs and recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in continuing professional development and life-long learning.
3. Breadth: To enable students to develop their knowledge and skills across the range of disciplines and analyze, design, develop, optimize & implement engineering solutions and work productively as engineers, including supportive and leadership roles on multidisciplinary teams.
4. Professionalism: To prepare students for soft skills with good communication, ethical values and ability to work in a team .
5. Learning Environment: To prepare students to strengthen their knowledge and skills through self-learning abilities, throughout their professional career as well as to pursue higher education.
6. Global Interconnections: To make students understand the principles of sustainable development and global interconnectedness of various engineering projects that affect society and the environment.
Program Outcomes - PO's
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, to model and analyse electronic systems.
2. Problem Analysis: Demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate, analyse and solve engineering problems.
3. Design/Development of Solutions: Demonstrate the ability to design a system components, or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety.
4. Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Demonstrate the ability to design experiments, test electronic circuits and analyse and interpret data.
5. Modern Tool Usage: Able to use modern engineering techniques, skills, and computing tools necessary for engineering practice.
6. The Engineer and Society: Demonstrate to understand the impact of engineering solutions using contemporary technology in a global and societal, health, safety, legal issues.
7. Environment and Sustainability: Able to work professionally in electronics domain including the design and realization of such system to address social and environmental needs for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Demonstrate the understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
9. Individual and Team Work: Demonstrate the ability to function as an individual, team member or leader in inter-disciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with written, oral and visual means.
11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to manage projects.
12. Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have preparation and ability to engage in independent life-long learning in the context of technological change.